Six Months Screenwriting Certificate Program Online
6 Months Screenwriting Certificate Program (Online)
Films tell us stories and the screenwriter is the one who constructs the stories, worlds, characters and situations you see on the screen.
You might have an idea that you want to craft into a screenplay, perhaps you have it underway but you just don’t know where to go next or you might have finished your screenplay and need to refine it. Our screenwriting course will be sure to be of aid in these scenarios.
With our course you will be doing what a screenwriter does, write.
The course takes place over the weekend but make no mistake you will be asked to write through the week and your work will be receiving vital support, guidance and feedback through our faculty.
We intend to make you write, analyse and analyse what you write.
The aim of the course is to make you capable of developing an intriguing premise, writing riveting dialogue, creating a well-structured screenplay while helping you discover your own voice and style.
[ ]Click to expand
You will be learning how to develop a premise, build on an idea, express the theme of your story, write gripping dialogue and structure your script so that you will be able to write a compelling screenplay in your own voice and style.
You will be made to view, study and analyse a selection of works of film and television from India, Hollywood and world cinema. You will learn how to read what you see on screen from the point of view of the script, decode the writing as you watch and study the writing behind some iconic pieces of work.
The primary objective of this course is to get you to write, you will be writing from the initial week. Over the course of the six months you will have the opportunity to develop your idea into a screenplay for which you will receive detailed feedback and guidance from the faculty.
We will be bringing in veterans of the industry from various fields who will bring to you their experience and perspective of collaborating with scriptwriters. You will be learning what actors, directors, producers and other members of the industry look for in a script.
Pitching your screenplay is an essential skill a writer should possess you will learn how to run a pitch meeting, how to attract investors, you will be taught how to present yourself and your ideas effectively to investors.
A member from the writer’s union will be informing you as to why It is crucial for a writer to understand their rights, be a part of the writer’s union/FWA and copyrighting their work.
Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
To download Application: Click here
- Last date for receipt of filled in Application is 7th January 2021
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD/BANK TRANSFER for Rs.1,000.00 towards registration fees favouring MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, Chennai.
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees and fees ONLINE may:
1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
2) On the home page click SB Collect new version
3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution – and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose OTHERS and GO
5) Others name choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
6) Select Payment Category – CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT
NEFT/RTGS Payment method *par cheques accepted
MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
Current Account No.: 67012167471
Bank Name: STATE BANK OF INDIA
Branch: ALWARPET - CHENNAI
Branch code: 70570
- APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- The Application forms can be submitted in person or couriered to MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, 4, Ranga Lane, Ranga Road, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004 or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seats are limited for each batch. A select number of applicants will be put on a waiting list once selections are completed. In the case of any drop outs, the waiting list candidates will be given preference.
- Applicants will be notified of their selection via email/post and they can proceed to complete the admission formalities.
- Applicants seeking admission should be above 18 years of age.
- Applicants should be fairly proficient in written and spoken English. The medium of instruction for the classes is in English.
Course fees: 65,000 INR +GST
Application deadline - 7th Jan
Application requirement - 1 page story idea for a feature film. CV/ Resume. 1 page Statement of Purpose - ' Why I choose to be a writer'
Extended Application deadline - 14th Jan
Interviews, - 16th & 17th Jan
Final Selection announcement - 20th Jan
Course Commencement - 30th Jan
Course Medium: Zoom