Nine Months Course in Cinematography
Nine Months Course In Cinematography
Nine Months Course on Cinematography - 22nd November 2023
Photography knowledge is a prerequisite for taking up the SIX MONTHS COURSE IN CINEMATOGRAPHY and the three months Preparatory Course for Cinematography broadly deals with Digital Photography, and this is essential to take you to the next level DIGITAL CINEMATOGRAPHY.
As a Cinematographer, you should have a good artistic eye for photography, or in other words, be able to frame shots and recognize good, as any photographer would. Knowing the technical basics of photography -how to make lighting work to your advantage, how to use lenses, and how exposures work and specific photography equipment and techniques.
Keeping up with ever-changing advances in Imaging technology and knowing when to shift to or drop in new technology.
The Three months foundation course will broadly deal with:
The foundation course, an opportunity for aspiring candidates who have a passion and desire for photography, to gain a deeper appreciation of one's creativity, explore effective avenues of Photography, discover and develop skills for better image projection, tricks, and techniques of effective photography. The course is designed for a wide range of audiences ranging from individuals with interests in Photography to any professional willing to explore what goes into the creation of beautiful images, Heritage images. You will receive an in-depth study of composition; concepts and techniques, helping you create and capture your creative vision through your lens. We will review everything from equipment and exposure settings, to how to find those stunning places and "work" a scene. During the course, we will cover all aspects of Storytelling, landscape, Heritage, street photography, Portfolio, and a lot more.
The Philosophy behind the course has been to awaken the creative personality hidden in many people who have not had the opportunity to explore Photography/ Cinematography as a career. These are people, who love taking pictures but have been baffled by the technologies involved in digital photography/Cinematography, or those who are inspired by the beauty of what they see but are frustrated that they cannot transform that experience into a great picture. The course is meant to guide such people and give them a start in the right direction.
On successful completion of the three months Preparatory Course for Cinematography/Digital Photography, you will continue to learn CINEMATOGRAPHY commencing March 2024.
[ ]Click to expand
- Light sources & Lighting
- Creative Photography
- Digital Image correction
- Digital workflow
- People & Portraiture
- Street Photography
- Travel Photography
- Fashion Photography
- Product Photography
- Photography Optics
- Imaging Technology
- Lighting & Exposure
- Study of Still & Movie Cameras (Film & Digital)
- Digital Cinematography
- Elements of Film Direction, Screenplay, Sound, Editing and Film Production
Other Activities during the Course
- 30 selected feature films will be screened and discussed
- About 30 practical sessions which involve lighting practice and operation
of Film and Digital movie cameras will be conducted
Project Works Involve
- Perspective Study
- Architecture & Light
- Landscape/ Portraiture Photography
- Interview Exercise
- Continuity Exercise
- Art & Photography
- Scene Exercise
- Outdoor Lighting control with grips
- Day & Night Lighting Practice
- Night Time Photography
- 3D Practical
- Animation & Time-lapse Photography
- Guided outdoor Motion Picture practical (in locations away from Chennai)
- Crane & Dolly Practice
- Guided short film production using Digital Motion Picture Camera
To apply for the course, the concerned candidate should have passed 12th Standard / undergraduate degree either in science or arts may apply.
- Full frame sensor DSLR Camera with Lens-24-70, 24-105, 28-85, or 50mm or 35mm (at least one of these five)
Cropped Mirrorless Camera with Lens - 18-55 mm or 50 mm lens or 35 mm lens (at least one of these three)
- Memory card: 32 GB or higher capacity
- Pen drive: 32 GB or higher capacity
- Laptop capable of running Photoshop and Light room
- Please bring with you a set of around 10 of your best images loaded on a Pen drive. These images should have been taken recently
- Application form can be downloaded from http://www.mindscreen.co.in/pdf/application.pdf
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD for Rs.2500/- towards registration fees to be drawn in favor of MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, payable at Chennai to reach us immediately. SEATS WILL BE ALLOTED ON FIRST CUM FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- Alternatively, the Application can be downloaded, filled in and the filled in application to be scanned and mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Registration fees Rs.2500/- could be paid online and the screenshot of the payment reference could be messaged on WhatsApp to 9841612595
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees online may :1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
2) On the home page click SB Collect new version
3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution – and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose Educational Institutions and GO
5) Educational Institutions choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
6) Select Payment Category - CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT
Payments: For NEFT / RTGS
MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
Current Account No.: 67012167471
Bank Name: STATE BANK OF INDIA
Branch: ALWARPET - CHENNAI
Branch code: 70570
- APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- The Application forms can be submitted in person or couriered to MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, 4, Ranga Lane, Ranga Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004
- Proof of academic credentials (photocopies) and work experience to be enclosed. Originals to be presented during the personal interview stage.
- Preference will be given to candidates, who have attended at least one International Film Festival in India /Abroad.
- A statement of purpose in 200 words indicating reasons for interest in the course & career in Cinematography to be enclosed with the application form.
|Partial Tuition Fee||Rs.200000.00|
|Add GST 18%||Rs.45000.00|
|A) PAYBALE ON or BEFORE.*||Rs.295000.00|
|Balance tution payable||Rs.250000.00|
|Add GST 18%||Rs.64800.00|
|C) Security Depoist (Refunable)||Rs.10000.00|
|TOTAL FEES PAYABLE (A + B + C)||Rs.729800.00|
* Balance payable on or before 20 days from the receipt of Selection letter.
*Note: Once the fee is paid by you and in the event of your inability to join the course for any reason then the Admission fee + GST will not be refunded