Nine Months Course in Cinematography
Nine Months Course In Cinematography
Preparatory Course for Cinematography
Photography knowledge is mandatory and the three months Preparatory Course for Cinematography broadly deals with Digital Photography and this is very essential to take you to the next level "DIGITAL CINEMATOGRAPHY".
As a Cinematographer you should have a good artistic eye for photography, or in other words, being able to frame shots and recognize good shots, as any photographer would. Knowing the technical basics of photography -how to make lighting work to your advantage, how to use lenses, and how exposures work and specific photography equipment and techniques.
Keeping up with ever-changing advances in Imaging technology and knowing when to shift to or drop in new technology.
The Three months foundation course will broadly deal with:
The foundation course, an opportunity to aspiring candidates who have a passion and desire for photography, to gain a deeper appreciation of one's creativity, explore effective avenues of Photography, discover and develop skills for better image projection, tricks and techniques of effective photography. The course is designed for a wide range of audience ranging from individuals with interests in Photography for any professional willing to explore what goes into the creation of beautiful images, Heritage images. You will receive an in-depth study of composition; concepts and techniques, helping you create and capture your creative vision through your lens. We will review everything from equipment and exposure settings, to how to find those stunning places and "work" a scene. During the course we will cover all aspects of Storytelling, landscape, Heritage, street photography, Portfolio and a lot more.
The Philosophy behind the course has been to awaken the creative personality hidden in many people who have not had the opportunity to explore Photography/ Cinematography as a career. These are people who love taking pictures but have been baffled by the technologies involved in digital Photography/Cinematography, or those who are inspired by the beauty of what they see but are frustrated that they cannot transform that experience into a great picture. The course is meant to guide such people and give them a start in the right direction.
On successful completion of the foundation course, you will continue to learn CINEMATOGRAPHY commencing August 2019.
[ ]Click to expand
- Light sources & Lighting
- Creative Photography
- Digital Image correction
- Digital workflow
- People & Portraiture
- Street Photography
- Travel Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Fashion Photography
- Product Photography
- Photography Optics
- Imaging Technology
- Lighting & Exposure
- Study of Still & Movie Cameras (Film & Digital)
- Digital Cinematography
- Elements of Film Direction, Screenplay, Sound, Editing and Film Production
Other Activities during the Course
- 30 selected feature films will be screened and discussed
- About 30 practical sessions which involve lighting practice and operation
of Film and Digital movie cameras will be conducted
Project Works Involve
- Perspective Study
- Architecture & Light
- Landscape/ Portraiture Photography
- Interview Exercise
- Continuity Exercise
- Art & Photography
- Scene Exercise
- Outdoor Lighting control with grips
- Day & Night Lighting Practice
- Night Time Photography
- 3D Practical
- Animation & Time-lapse Photography
- Guided outdoor Motion Picture practical (in locations away from Chennai)
- Crane & Dolly Practice
- Guided short film production using Digital Motion Picture Camera
To apply for the course, the concerned candidate should have passed 12th Standard / undergraduate degree either in science or arts may apply.
- HDSLR with Tripod
- External HD - 500 GB minimum
- Application form can be downloaded from http://www.mindscreen.co.in/pdf/application.pdf
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD for Rs.2500/- towards registration fees to be drawn in favor of MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, payable at Chennai to reach us on or before 7th September 2019.
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees online may :1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
2) On the home page click SB Collect new version
3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution – and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose OTHERS and GO
5) Others name choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
6) Select Payment Category - CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT
- APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- The Application forms can be submitted in person or couriered to MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, 4, Ranga Lane, Ranga Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004
- Proof of academic credentials (photocopies) and work experience to be enclosed. Originals to be presented during the personal interview stage.
- Preference will be given to candidates, who have attended at least one International Film Festival in India /Abroad.
- A statement of purpose in 200 words indicating reasons for interest in the course & career in Cinematography to be enclosed with the application form.
|Admission Fee*||Rs. 42000.00 + 18% GST = Rs.49560.00|
|Tuition Fee.||Rs. 378000.00 + 18% GST = Rs.446040.00|
|Total Tuition Fees -||Rs. 420000.00 + 18% GST = Rs.495600.00|
|Security Deposit||Rs.20000.00 (Refundable)|
|Assignment Fee Deposit||Rs.77750.00|
|Project fee Deposit||Rs.60000.00|