Weekend Acting For Camera Course 12 Weekends
Weekend Acting For Camera Course 12 Weekends
Weekend Acting Binge
The weekend course on Saturday & Sundays is tailor made for working professionals, students and talents who wish to earn and pursue their dreams to become an actor.
The world of film-the silver screen is a dream for all and it can be achieved by any one through dedication and hard work. If you have the passion, Mindscreen will offer you the path to success.
The current milieu demands a new breed of skilled, talented and driven actors with the ability to effectively deliver hallmark performances to entertain and move audiences, not just regionally but also globally.
The twelve week course on Acting for Camera will be a window for the talents to that world and answers for all the quires the budding actor in you struggles with.... Like,
- How to Act?
- How to entertain?
- How does the industry work?
- How can I assess my talent?
- What are my strengths?
- How can I work on my weaker points?
The twelve week course on Acting for Camera at Mindscreen Film Institute has been designed specifically to prepare a new breed of actors for the screen, and mike, to deliver memorable performances.
[ ]Click to expand
The course is based on an eclectic mix of folk, classical, contemporary and avant-garde methodologies and techniques - both local and global - to inculcate a holistic understanding of the need and objectives of acting and performance.
The major high light of this course is the regular performance oriented sessions that are followed by followed by "field" sessions on stage, studio and public spaces. The course also covers a blend of performance traditions from the Natyshastra, through Stanislavsky, Strasberg and Meisner.
Students will be grouped into teams and tutors will be assigned for a more personalised pedagogic engagement and more effective assessment and guidance towards developmental and corrective strategies.
With an aim to provide prospective artistes and actors, a range of skills that will enable them to competently and creatively deliver unique and path-breaking performances in films and television, Mindscreen will empower the candidates with the following aspects.
- Practical exercises from the first week of the course
- Focused training for understanding & sharpening the tools of an actor- The body, voice and imagination
- Creative Body Movements : Stamina building, breath control, flexibility, concentration through Silambam, kalari, Yoga, tai chi and basic meditation
- Focus on improvisation and its various techniques
- Intense voice modulation and diction sessions
- In-depth script analysis and character analysis
- Intensive acting sessions covering folk to classical, contemporary and post modern methods of acting
- Contemporary dance and movement training - dance, mock fight, jumps, falls & lifts
- Master classes on Camera, lighting and acting techniques
- Understanding acting for Stage, Television and Film
- Scene enactment for live shoots with sync sound
- Practical sessions on dubbing/voice acting in professional sound studio
- Designing Portfolio
- Mock auditions and interviews
- Orientation and counseling by the masters from the Industry
- Show reel of the performance
- Preparing for the world out
- Re-creation of film scenes from a variety of genres
- Adaptation of characters from world classics
- Final scene project in a professional shooting environment, with lights, sets and moving cameras with live sound
- Visit to editing studio to observe and analyse one's own acting
- Dubbing in professional sound studio
- Showreel and portfolio presentation
The training methodology will be complemented by a regular series of unique pedagogic initiatives like:
These sessions will be conducted by eminent visiting faculties and mentors. They will cover various aspects of acting, camera, voice acting, industry trends, situations and possibilities for film and television.
This involves a presentation or performance by students at the last session of every day class. The students will be guided by the tutor to prepare for their presentations.
This will function as a multimedia document that combines notes, digital audio recordings and videos of their engagements and performances in the entire course of program. This "document" will serve as a toll for self-appraisal and analysis and also be the basis for the profile that will be developed at the end of the course. An edited copy of the Diary will also be submitted to the institute's archive before graduation.
- Passionate candidates with or without previous experience can apply for the course by downloading the application from http://www.mindscreen.co.in/our-courses/weekend-acting-for-camera-course-12-weekends.
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD for Rs.1000/- towards registration fees to be drawn in favor of MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, payable at Chennai should reach us or before 22nd February 2019
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees online may:
1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
2) On the home page click SB Collect new version
3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution - and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose OTHERS and GO
5) Others name choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
6) Select Payment Category - CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT
|Admission Fee*||Rs.67,500.00 + 18% GST (NON REFUNDABLE)|
|Tuition Fee.||Rs.7,500.00 + 18% GST|
|Assignment and + Portfolio fee||Rs.13,750.00|