Six Months Course In Film Making and Direction
Six Months Course In Filmmaking And Direction
Character and Plot
At Mindscreen Film Institute, students find themselves learning to develop their ideas into a properly structured shooting script that can transform a good production into a great one. Students have the unique opportunity to hone their filmmaking skills, developing and bringing a script to life in a finished film, providing each student with extensive experience in going through each step of the filmmaking process as it relates to screenwriting. Our one-of-a-kind curriculum and world-class faculty ensures that students receive an intensive, hands-on education in the theory and practice of Film Making and Direction and becoming well-rounded and versatile in the process..
[ ]Click to expand
- Researching & Interviewing Real Life Characters Non-fiction film
- Non-fiction film
- Production Design
- From Script to Screen
- Camera & Sound Essentials
- Scene Exercise-Short Film Project
- Project Management
- Key principles of Editing
- Sound - Sound Design & Film Music
- Film Genre Study with Movie Screenings
- Location Recce
- Casting Brief
- Dialogue Writing
- Writing Step Outline
- Understanding & Practicing Film Pitches
- Digital Filmmaking & Modern Practices
The concerned candidates should preferably have writing skills and had their writing known to public at any School level, College such as the student newspaper or commercial publication.
Preference will be given to candidates, who have proven skills publishing their written works at any level or for short films.
Candidates should demonstrate prior knowledge in Indian Cinema as well as International. Candidates should possess high level of communication and writing skills irrespective of language and enthusiasm to convey ideas, ability to absorb and to respond to information quickly.
- HDSLR with Tripod
- External HD - 500 GB minimum
- Interviews are conducted in TWO PHASES for each batch for the convenience of International and upcountry students.
- ONCE SEATS ARE FILLED IN THE FIRST PHASE OF INTERVIEW THE SECOND PHASE INTERVIEW WILL NOT BE HELD.FIRST PHASE: Application received on or before 10th September 2018 will be called for a one to one interview by the third week of September 2018 and the exact date would be communicated.
SECOND PHASE: Application received on or before 10th November 2018 will be called for a one to one interview by the third week of November 2018 and the exact date would be communicated.
- Selection strictly on Merit and Performance in the one to one interview.
- Seats are limited and students would be shortlisted on first cum first serve basis.
- Application form can be downloaded from http://www.mindscreen.co.in/pdf/application.pdf
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD for Rs.2500/- towards registration fees to be drawn in favor of MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, payable at Chennai.
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees online may : 1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
2) On the home page click SB Collect new version.
3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution – and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose OTHERS and GO
5) Others name choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
6) Select Payment Category –CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT
- APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- The Application forms can be submitted in person or couriered to MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, 4, Ranga Lane, Ranga Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004
- Proof of academic credentials (photocopies) and work experience to be enclosed. Originals to be presented during the personal interview stage.
- Preference will be given to candidates, who have attended at least one International Film Festival in India /Abroad.
- A statement of purpose in 200 words indicating reasons for interest in the course & career in Filmmaking and Direction to be enclosed with the application form.
|Admission Fee*||Rs.24,500.00 + 18% GST (NON REFUNDABLE)|
|Tuition Fee.||Rs.2,20,500.00 + 18% GST|
|Caution Deposit||Rs.20,000 (Refundable)|
|Assignment Fee Deposit||Rs.60,000.00|
|Total||Rs.3,25,000 + 18% GST on Admission & Tuition Fee|
- 1) Visit https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- 2) On the home page click SB Collect new version
- 3) On the SB Collect new version tick I have read and accepted the terms and conditions stated above and proceed.
- 4) Choose State of Corporate / Institution – and choose Tamilnadu & Type of Corporate / Institution - choose OTHERS and GO
- 5) Others name choose MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
- 6) Select Payment Category –CHOOSE COURSE FEE ONLINE PAYMENT or REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENT